Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Take that Ms. Tooth Fairy!



One Christmas Santa Clause brought both me and my little sister a pillow. Not just any pillow but a popple pillow! Popples were the rage at this time. They were cute cuddly little stuff animals that folded into balls. When I saw this pillow I was just about in bliss. Both of us started screaming and jumping up and down excited at this new gift! This was truly the best Christmas gift I have ever received. I can't remember being that excited and surprised about any other gift I have ever received. This pillow had a pocket in front of it to stash wonderful treasures. As soon as I saw the pocket there was one thought verberated in my mind. With a coy smirk on my face and one squinted eye I thought "I got you now Ms. Tooth fairy, I got you now!". I was sure there was no way for the Tooth fairy to take my teeth and leave me money without my knowledge with this wonderful pillow. I would have her trapped for she had to make the exchange. I would be the only 6 year old to meet the Tooth fairy!
As the months passed I waited with anticipation to lose just one more tooth. Finally the day arrived and I went to sleep with a smug facing knowing that it was only a matter of time before I met a real live fairy. I even promised my little sister that I would wake her up when the meeting occurred. When I woke up I laid in bed listening for the noise that surely must have woken me. I looked around in my bedroom for a flying lady. I didn't see anything! I shoved my hand into the pocket to my wonderful popple pillow and found not a tooth but a dollar bill. I had been duped by the flying temptress again. I vowed that next time I was going to sleep with my hand inside the pocket of the pillow so I couldn't miss her. I thought, "Take that Ms. Tooth fairy"!
As it so happened that the Tooth fairy is VERY good at her job for I never got to see her even though I slept with the popple pillow until I had no other teeth to lose. Sneaky and skilled she must be for my sister Kayla never saw her either! So I guess she showed us. Regardless the promise of the popple pillow still made it the best gift a little girl ever received. Who would have thought that a 6 year old would love to get a pillow for Christmas? That just goes to show you that Santa Clause is VERY wise:)

No comments: